Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Enjoy The Journey

Grandpa taught me to enjoy the journey.  According to my dad, Grandpa used to say something to the effect of, "I'm never lost.  I might be on a road I've never traveled before, but I'm never lost.  I'm just enjoying new scenery."  Grandpa's life is a perfect example of enjoying the journey.  Whether it has been traveling roads all over the United States, England, or Australia, or simply traveling along in the journey of life, Grandpa never takes a minute for granted. 

To this day, when he drives around with my dad, Grandpa has one rule.  If it's a road Grandpa hasn't been on before, Dad has to make sure he's awake to see it.  If there's a new baby in the family, Grandpa wants to hold him or her.  If there's a hug to give, Grandpa gives it.  If there's a moment to be enjoyed, Grandpa savors it.

Through all of the ups and downs in life, Grandpa has always found a way to enjoy the journey.

No comments: