Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I'm here

So, I'm finally here. Where is 'here' exactly? That's the question I am always asking. First and foremost, I'm actually here writing a blog...something that I've been putting off for some reason, but that I'm actually kind of looking forward to doing. My family also feels settled here in Boise after our move from Utah this last summer. We have a great time visiting the zoo and my boys have recently uncovered a love for the Discovery Center. I'm also here as a mom. After making my way through years of fertility treatments and two wonderful adoptions, I'm blessed and content with my three beautiful children. Okay, some days they try my patience, but I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Most recently, I'm here as an author. Yes, I really am! I just had my first novel accepted for publication by Cedar Fort, Inc. and I'm very excited to be embarking on a new journey as a writer. My book (I love saying that!) will be released in January of 2012. It is called Delivering Hope and I can't wait to share more about it with you. It's a work of fiction about infertility, un-wed pregnancy, and adoption that I wrote based on many of my own emotions throughout the years. If you know anyone who has dealt with any of these issues, you'll love it! If you aren't personally acquainted with these circumstances...you'll still love the story of finding hope and peace through our trials!

I try to notice something hopeful each day. It makes me happy. It really does. When my book comes out, I believe you will find something hopeful in it. Until then, check back often for hopeful adoption tips, ways to find peace with infertility, and everyday things that make me smile. I know I'll enjoy it. I hope you do too.

2 comments:

Melissa Monday said...

Wow!! Congrats, Jen. I'm so excited for you. It was fun to see you on Facebook, and I'm even more excited about you having a book published. I've always dreamed of writing a book, but haven't done it. Anyway, I'm super impressed!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the book! That is wonderful.